Fall can be a tricky time while you are on parental leave. Somedays are beautiful and perfect to be outside. While others are rainy and cold. So, here are my top indoor/outdoor fall play mat leave ideas:
- Ontario Science Centre is a great place to walk about with a stroller. Their Kid Spark area is designed for children 8 years old and under. Within this zone there are baby friendly spaces for little ones to explore and crawl about in.
- Jump for Joy is a great indoor play space to check out in the Danforth area. I love how clean it is (great for germ-a-phobe moms like me) and the space itself is so warm and friendly.
- Scavenger hunt at Evergreen Brickworks is fun for families that also have a slightly older child as well as a baby. Although to be honest if I’d known about the hunt when my daughter was little I probably would’ve done it myself.
- Sometimes when it is really chilly or rainy it is nice to stay at home. Artful parent and Busy toddler are both my go-to sources for indoor art and science activities.
- Head up to the McMichael Art Gallery and explore the trails and grounds. They are really nice to walk through and also have lots of outdoor art to view!